Friday, February 1, 2013

The Alphabet Game

Violet's Date Night

Michael and I have been traveling to graduate schools for him to audition. This week we left on Wednesday, and won't be back home until Sunday, so I needed to come up with a good traveling date. Though I came up with this idea for our trip, it can just as easily be done near home.

Because we would be on a road trip, to the magical land of Braum's ice cream, I knew we needed at least two things on our date:
  1. A way to walk around after two days of driving.
  2. A way to incorporate Braum's ice cream
So I decided to play a fun in-town version of The Alphabet Game. I started by inviting Michael with this printable, which you can download for yourself here:


After Michael's audition, we went downtown and played The Alphabet Game. Our rules were:
  1. We had to call out the letter and what word it was in.
  2. We had to take a picture of the letter.
  3. We couldn't use the same word from the same location.
  4. Whoever won got to pick out the ice cream for both of us at Braum's. 
Here are some of the letters we found:

  

And of course, the winning letter, found by Michael:
After the game was over we headed out for lunch, then went out to Braum's for ice cream.


Michael got peppermint and cookie dough for himself, and grape and dream (orange and vanilla) for me.


Price for the ice cream: $4.36 (I love Braum's)


1 comment: