Saturday, January 19, 2013

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Violet's Date Night

This week has been long and busy for both Michael and I, so I thought it would be nice to just watch a movie and have some down time. 

I got my inspiration for this date from this idea over at The Dating Divas. You can take ideas from either post, and of course watch any movie that would fit you better if you aren't as into musicals as the two of us are.

Neither my husband nor I are very country, but was able to come up with a few things to decorate our little table:
I think it turned out pretty cute!
I took the label off the bottle of root beer to make it look more old-fashioned, since the glass bottles were a little more expensive. Also, though we do have some cute cactus glasses, we thought it would be more fun to pass the bottle of root beer back and forth than just drinking it out of glasses.

I also made some yummy chili and corn bread for dinner:

Mmm...delish!
After dinner, we snuggled up on the couch and watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

We had most of the ingredients for chili and figured the rest into our grocery budget. We also watched the movie through our Amazon student account so it was free.

Total cost of the date: About $5.00 for the ingredients we didn't already have. And the pot of chili should last us a couple more days. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment